Monday, July 12, 2010

Business Intelligence with Pentaho

Today I started a new BI (Business Intelligence) project, it had been a long time. It is my first time using Pentaho, an open source BI suite. Pentaho's website is a bit confusing about the various programs and their goals, so I lost some time trying to figure out before I found this nice guide. It explains how the BI server and the design tools work together, and how to use them. Also, Prashant Raju has a great guide that shows how to replace Pentaho's default HSQL database with a more powerful database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL. Infobright looks even more promising.

In other news, I just had a meeting with Liferay's CEO Bryan Cheung to talk about our strategy to make Liferay a success in Japan, and about Thursday's seminar, to which you are all welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment